For a typical SMB, in the best case scenario, there is a locked room inside the building that is used for keeping the servers. Along with that, the following issues can be found in most of these enterprises:
1) The server room (if there is such a room) is not that secured. Usually all the employees can access it. Non-qualified personnel are used for cleaning it, which can cause a severe damage in some situations.
2) The cooling and the power supply are not backed up.
3) There is no surveillance at all or the surveillance is not 24×7 monitored.
4) There is no monitoring solution implemented or the implemented one is not configured to properly alert for all major issues.
5) Obsolete hardware.
Along with all these physical security aspects, there are usually other issues with the software on the servers, such as:
1) Old version of the core operating systems of the Exchange server or an unpatched one.
2) Old version of Exchange or an unpatched one.
3) No anti-spam and anti-virus solution implemented.
4) Direct exposure of the Exchange server to the Internet without a good firewall in place.
5) Not enough or not tested backups.
6) No disaster recovery plans.
As opposite, SherWeb uses dedicated datacenters equipped with modern hardware that can provide all that your mailing infrastructure need 24×7 with 99.9% uptime per year. Furthermore, the SherWeb employs highly qualified IT professionals experienced in resolving mailing problems in different big organizations. SherWeb has different physical locations and store a copy of your data on them for disaster recovery purposes. Backups are periodically tested and performed on a schedule. Additionally, SherWeb offers SharePoint, Mobility and SkyNox online backup services and protection for their clients, which are not affordable for most SMBs.